Preparations for War
(The Three Provinces: 81 Lirisa 354)
Intelligence reports are scanty, but it is clear from the news that something awful is afoot and expected during the first part of Lirisa.
Alerts have been issued to the Provinces at large, but the city officials have been slow to also release checklists of things that people should remember to do.
I have gathered some excellent pieces of advice from several sources, and want to share them with everyone.
First, do not miss Candidus’ Crash Course on Herbs, nor Periwinkle’s strategy for front line battles that were used in Theren at the last Gorbesh siege.
Many thanks to Ailyssa and Melvi for the following checklist items:
- Favors. Lots of them. Get them now, fill the orbs now, and keep one or two ready to fill with you after you have accumulated 6-8 favors.
- Defluff and get cheap weapons to use, glyphs may not work, or may not last long enough.
- Know where you can lay your hands on extra weapons and even armor quickly since the store owners headed for cover last time, too.
- Herbs, carry what ones you know and can use, for the Empaths will be overworked for sure.
- Know where the healing locations are set, know where to drag bodies if needed
- Get yourself healed NOW. Completely.
- Get your weapons blessed now that you will use in an emergency.
- Power Walk today and make notes where around your home town there is power for you. We do not hunt much in town, and some of the power may surprise you in various places! To this end, we are accumulating some power maps for public use here at the Wren’s Nest.
- Gather your friends and assess your strengths and weaknesses as you plan what you can do best to serve in any time of trouble. If needed, seek out others to join with your group. Then all of you watch out for one another as a team.
- Ask around to find out who is organizing the defense of your town, and the support places for empaths and clerics. If nobody seems to be — why don’t YOU start organizing it?
- Remember it takes Teamwork to win a War, not singularity.